Friday, December 6, 2019

Okonomiyaki

When I was in Osaka, Japan, I remember some pretty delightful street food (and food in general).  The Okonomiyaki was unforgettable.   Here I try to recreate one of the delights I found there.  

   
 Fertile eggs from the garden.
 Konbu dashi stock and some water. 6-8 ounces.
 3 Scallions.
Small chop.
1/2 head of small cabbage.
Finely sliced into sticks.
Tenkasu, About 1 cup.
1/2 shallot. Small dice.
Mix flour with konbu dashi and mix until ther are no lumps. Add onions, shallot, cabbage, tenkasu and eggs. Other veggies may be added as well.
Some pickled ginger.
Mix thoroughly.
Render fat from bacon. Octopus or Shrimp may also be used, in which case skip the rendering step.
Heat skillet to high and add cabbage mixture in round slabs 3/4" thick. Add bonito and strips of bacon on top of this mixture.
When it browns like a pancake, flip. 
Cover and steam for a few minutes.Flip again to make the bacon is cooked.
Garnish with Okonomiyaki sauce and Japanese Mayonnaise.  You can make your own Okonomiyaki sauce.  Combine 1 ½ T. sugar, 2 T. oyster sauce, 4 T. ketchup, and 3 T. Worcestershire sauce in a small bowl.
Okanomiyaki!

1 comment:

Mary Arnold said...

Dr K1 cures my chronic illness and brings back my ex after Dr K1 helps me cast a spell that binds me and husband together, Dr k1 is a traditional healer with a great ancestral power. Dr k1 prepare a herbal medicine to me that cure my chronic illness and herpes completely cure and today I get no more outbreak for two years now, He send me the herbal medicines through UPS Courier service with instruction on how to drink the herbal medicines that i drink for 15 days that cure my herpes and chronic illness.Dr K1 cures all diseases like cancer,ALS,Herpes,HPV,lLupus,HE also casts a spell.Contact Dr k1 now on Email: drk1healingcentre@gmail.com or visit his blog site www.drk1healingcentre.wordpress.com or WhatsApp:+2347084710828.
Get your Ex back with his help.