Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Pick of the Week

There are moments in the past when I have had a thing I like to call the pick of the week. It is my favorite image of the week.

Per Volquartz will be honored with a solo retrospective exhibition from June 1 to September 30, 2007 at Denmark's Museum of Photography in Denmark. This is a tremendous acheivement and Per deserves it! Per is constantly an inspiration to his peers, students, and proteges and has done a great deal to further the beauty and community of photography.

I remember once when Per sent me a note saying that my images of Mono Lake after a Snowstorm caused him to uhh-hmm ... "wet his pants," and I was astounded, because never had someone so talented paid me so high a compliment. I will never forget that.

Here's the pick of the week.

Copyright Per Volquartz 2006. All rights reserved.
Copyright Per Volquartz 2006. All rights reserved.

Congrats to Per!

1 comment:

The Donut Guy said...

I am a closet art appreciater :-)

I don't know much about any art or artists, but I like to look at any and all art I can get my eyeballs on.

That's a neat picture.

At first glance I thought it was water......