Saturday, June 10, 2006

Deviled Ostrich Egg.

A picture ... alas ... no. Maybe next time. So I am in California for a weekend with out a bicycle. I did manage to get out for a run this morning. One mile -- nine minutes -- 4 mosquito bites. Drat -- I remember now why I like Arizona. Walked one mile back to the car. It's something like 50 degrees here and it's chilly. San Francisco is in it's summer glory.

Spent today with some old friends and families ... Saw an ostrich egg get boiled -- which seems to take two hours. "What does it taste like?" I ask. "It tastes just like chicken." Go figure. How can rattlesnake, lizard, swordfish and ostrich eggs all taste just like chicken? I think they're all trying to trick me eating something I won't be happy about.

I am glad I don't like chicken.

I want to point everyone over to Annie's post wishing Rob Lucas the best. Rob's racing in the race across America. Go Rob.

2 comments:

Joann said...

Not like chicken?

shawnkielty said...

hmmm -- not really. sometimes.