Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Proximal Phalange, Left Hand

Ring finger, middle joint; my first real damage. I was working on a bouldering route at the House of Pain™ when I matched my left hand to my right on a fairly small hold, and loaded up my body's weight on to the ring finger of my left hand. It made a noise that reminded me of a dog eating a chicken and I hit the crash pad.

I am wondering right now if it's broken, dislocated, or just all torn to crap, and I've taken some Ibuprofen. As you can see it really isn't swollen all that much, despite a fair amount of pain -- so maybe I am just a wimp.

I did continue to climb with it for about an hour. I might regret that.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Man, it sure looks like it hurts to beat all! Heal quickly!

amidnightrider said...

There are plenty of thing to ease the pain. Expensive on the street though.

Eclectchick said...

Owwwwwwwwwwwww!

And the verdict is . . . ?

shawnkielty said...

The short version is, it's not broken. The sheath around the tendon in my finger and palm is probably ruptured. Stay off it for a week, and take liberal amounts of Ibuprofen, and keep moving it.