Tuesday, August 13, 2024

Vietnamese Restaurant

 Oh, well a few years ago we moved to Sacramento ... 

It was slutty and ugly, and there was a pandemic.  Pods and storage and friends and oh, all of that misery.  Our routines kind of got wrecked, too. No more Saigon City, or Tokies or even that Kobe place ...we really lost our moorings and despite Sacramento's reputation as a food destination, we just didn't know. We have no idea still, where to eat.  

We asked one of our friends about Vietnamese food here and, because his daughter married into a Vietnamese family ... we said oh yeah.  Viet recommended a place and it rocks, it was crazy good.  

Bánh Cuốn Tây Hồ Restaurant. We went there and it was awesome.  The spring rolls kind of win the farm. 
 
Sunday though we went there and on my wife's insistence, we varied our approach.  I had noticed a place that was a "Cafe and Grill" on my previous visit.  It's all tied to my wife's insistence that I use the Chinese Traditional Medicine.  If I want to buy the herbs I go to a store near the restaurant. It prompts food and ... it's really good.  
 
On Sunday though we went to the "Cafe."  We were in another time zone.  I commented on entry that no one was eating.
 
We picked some things off the menu.  It was difficult to order and the hostess was a piece of candy.  And the waiter.  I had some soup that had a variety of meats I don't usually eat.  Gloria tried to get standard version of Pho, but got the egg noodle version.  
 
So I think everyone was gambling.  
 
The weird  bit of it all, was that it was a place were Vietnamese people gather to be Vietnamese.  
 
 
 


No comments: