Monday, December 11, 2006

My Kitchen Would Like Some Attention

Oh, well. The sink flooded the other day and slowed the pace of blogging all to hell. Made a mess of things out into the hall and I woke with security in my kitchen. SO I have fans all drying me out and things look like they might get back to normal sometime after the new year.

The upside:

It's easier to park the bikes on the concrete floor in the living room.

The heater is on, so it looks like I might stop feeling cold before March.

I rode 55+ miles last week because I was so comfortable in my place.

I got to sleep on a cat last night at my friends house.

I don't have to lock the door because so many people are going in and out every day.

I won't need to worry about whether I will have enough money to run the Colorado again this year.

There appears not to be a really large amount of damage (fingers crossed).

4 comments:

Joann said...

Sleep on a cat? cot? poor cat!

Jill Homer said...

Oh, I see, cot!

I spent several minutes trying the wrap my head around that mental image.

Sorry to hear about the house woes. Hope things are getting better.

shawnkielty said...

Ahhh -- I was kidding. Cats are very hard to sleep on. I slept near the fire with a cat who curled up very close to my face and then didn't move for about two days.

The house is getting better. One more thing and I think things will be back to normal.

The Old Bag said...

Hey -- catching up on my reading. Sorry to hear about your father's health...glad to hear you're around family.