Tuesday, December 26, 2006

My Package from Alaska has Arrived

Three or four days of Jill's weather. Notice the resemblance of my weather to Jill's. The only real difference is about 20 degree's in temperature. She has had wind advisories, hazardous weather outlooks and probably even flash flood warnings. I been here for a while, and it's fixing to rain in a grown-up way.

Any way -- I still have no seal skin booties neoprene socks, but I do have marmot rain pants. ... I can get a bit grumpy when my feet get wet. Maybe I'll need to ride over to the dive shop. It's either that or poach a seal and find an Inuit wife.

4 comments:

John said...

Okay, I'm just laughing. And laughing. And drinking champagne. And beer. (better mix than you might think)

shawnkielty said...

Do you mix those in the same glass -- or just in the same stomach.

Anonymous said...

champagne and beer at 7:53am? my stomach hurts just thinking about it.

shawnkielty said...

Lauren: John is making a reference to my comments about champagne and beer on his blog, http://movingnorth.blogspot.com/2006/12/patience-my-friend-he-has-grown-strong.html#comments, which I made because his wife, "the Mrs.," recently had a book published.

Since he lives in Texas, we should be glad he isn't driving with a beer at 7:53 AM, which I hear is legal.