Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Blogging from Home ...


Without a desk can be a pain. I am sure that many of you find it quite comfy sitting about on the couch with your laptap in wireless mode. Me, I am on my knees in the bedrooom trying to find a way to get comfy. Besides which -- I can't remember the passphrase (is that a word?) to my own miserable wireless network. Finally, though, I have an internet at home. Now I can finally stop wasting company time blogging at work.

While we are on the subject of couches, take a look at my new one. It's spooge free so far. Spooge is a word I learned from Gilby's blog about couch shopping. Gilby and I can both count on being able to find a good place to sit.

If I type brookssaddles.com into my browser it will take me to a great description of a selle royal™, which is why I am finally going to take that ball breaking Selle Italia gelsnot seat off my road bike and replace it with a Brooks™ saddle. There was a fairly agressive complaint right here in the text about who might redirect brookssaddles.com, which I took out to replace with this bit about Brooks being bought by Selle Royal in 2002. Although I don't particularly like my Selle seat, I shouldn't go off shooting arrows into the night sky. Regardless, I shall be free of padded shorts in no time. I think it might finally be payday tomorrow and a new brooks saddle is in order.

I have been sidetracked by a small rant.



It's move day 795.63256901234 or I lost track. Remember this. Me too. I have a lot of scrunching to do. No really small apartment is complete without a few bikes and an unmanagable stack of boxes. There's a lot left to do, but finally I can sit on the couch.

I have never had a new couch, and this one happens to double as a bed. Plus what, the flat squishy matress part is totally natural fibers which are grown organically, and the cover smells like linen and new car smell (not organic). The last time I had a new bed was when I was barely married and my wife and I had a new queen size bed. I never had a new couch. I have never purchased a couch.

How do you get these couches you use if you've never purchased one? One might feel compelled to ask. By having a truck. A truck assures an abundance of spoogy couches. " Can you help me move?" Sure, as long as you don't try to give me a sofabed. "Want this old spoogy couch?" Yeah, sure.

I saw this girl on the train with a Surly Cross Check. It has fenders. I might need fenders this year because we having an El Nino Moment on the news. I forgot about rain while I was in Arizonia.

Notice: I had to modify this post, because I was wrong about it, and the error checkers found it ... and branded my seat.

2 comments:

Jaco said...

New couch, Brooks Saddle and fenders? Whooo hooo. Start the car. Start the car. Your butt will be comfy and dry... Good lookin'.

shawnkielty said...

As it should be. It might be too late, however.