Wednesday, January 24, 2007

ooooh!


Stuff came in boxes today. I bet there was a time in the not too distant past when a Luthier had to spend quite a bit of time aquiring and drying appropriate woods for his craft.

The internet speeds that process up a bit. So does fedex.

The picture above shows the better parts of the skinny end of a guitar. Clockwise from the top left: wicker trunk, ebony fingerboard, Honduran mahogany neck stock, adjustable truss rod, more Honduran mahogany, racoon, remote, mahogany heel block, gold tuning machines, zebrawood head veneer.

That means that there's work to do. Before that, however, I am going to try out Fritz' Grandmother's miso soup recipe. But first I have to find some Niboshi Dashi. Or whatever that was that his grandmother had on the wall in her kitchen. There's a bonus venison onion soup recipe in the comments.

3 comments:

Yokota Fritz said...

If you make the dashi straight from niboshi, remember that a little goes a long ways. A big pot of stew might get one or two bay leaves -- niboshi is similar.

Eclectchick said...

HA! I thought that hat was a kitty butt at first!!!

Anonymous said...

I have a cat that looks a bit like a racoon from behind, and I have racoons that visit my deck scrounging for food--how the heck is it that you have one inside--or is the 'chick' right--it's a cat's butt that looks like a racoon?!? Does this mean you have a new pet?!? If so, show it's cute lil face?!? Is that even your place? Somehow I can't imagine you with white wicker furnishings--but I've been known to be wrong quite often!! What gives?!?