Wednesday, May 3, 2006

Can Parrots count to Zero?

They talk -- but I never really thought they were that smart, Unlike crows. Which you should feed if you get a chance. They like bacon best, walnuts, almonds and cat food, corn chips, corn, corn on the cob, did I mention corn . Enough of that, rumor has it that crows can count. Sometimes when you feed a crow -- they will bring you something shiny and leave it to trade -- like your neighbors wedding ring. Other times they might bring you something interesting to trade -- like a burning cigarette. Be sure to pay close attention to the stuff in the area of feeding.

I am chillin down for a century ride Sunday. Grocery Store girl says what do you eat when you ride like that, As much as humanly possible at ever opportunity, I reply. "Man -- I need to ride a bike" she says. NFS - plus what -- I spent $50 dollars filling my tank today, holy guacamole. It's the first time in over a week though. And frankly -- it's cheaper when you ride a bike.

1 comment:

Chaty said...

That’s pretty interesting. One of my friends in Staten Island, New York, had this great obsession with crows. He always said that they were one of the smartest animals – certainly the smartest of birds. Here at home I’ve seen them freak my dogs out in the most organized manner. Part of the crow group will lure the dogs to the far side of the yard while the others go to the dogs’ food. Dogs are that stupid! The crows actually took turns. I really never knew that they worked so well in tight social groups. Pretty cool.

Alberto