Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Further Still

Date: 27 May 2006
Miles: ~6
Average Speed: 11.7
May Mileage: 291.31
Bike: Commuter

When I was leaving the library there were a couple of young riders locking up their bikes next to my commuter. The kid says, "Wow, that's a real nice bike, Mister." I kid you not. I said "Well, it's old and heavy, but we get by." So he explains to me why it's a nice bike, that it's a Bianchi, and it's steel, and so on. I think, now there's a kid who's paying attention. And I remember, that yep, I am still pretty cool. It was fun.

So the next day I took the roadie out for a spin.

Date: 28 May 2006
Miles: 14.2
May Mileage: 305.51
Bike: Commuter

Then I ran a mile at the Gym.

On Sunday I took a hike out at the Blevins trail, I was looking for a Hawk nest out there. I ran the first mile there and walked the last two. Saturday AM I will be heading back to find it, with the camera.

And now I am sort of caught up ...

4 comments:

John said...

Dang, Shawn, you must be so healthy that Jack Lalanne comes to you for pointers.

As long as he doesn't want you to wear a unitard you're probably okay.

Anonymous said...

Well, the fact is that you do have a pretty nice bike. Kids will surprise you like that sometimes. Good to see that you’re getting your workouts done. I’ve been a bit under the weather. I don’t think I drink enough – water, that is – and I might have been dehydrating last week as the heat has begun to pick up here. I never drink enough; almost never when I’m on the bike. That can’t be too good for you, no?

The Donut Guy said...

I get a lot of the "Cool bike mister" when I am riding my chopper bike around the neighborhood.

Damn, I gotta grow up someday:-)

shawnkielty said...

Just recently I had a woman tell me that sometimes we just have to grow up. Why is that? Growing up isn't all it's cracked up to be -- now that I have grown ups for children I don't have to worry so much about that.

The weather is getting better -- it's supposed to reach 109 tomorrow. Dress thoughtfully and hydrate, hydrate, hydrate.

John, I am still sore from the weekend. I wonder what Jack LaLanne would have done. More Ben Gay I bet.