Friday, May 12, 2006

"Naked is a State of Mind"


So -- I've got Luscious Jackson coming out of the stereo. It's the first time the stereo has played music since move day -- Ok -- I've been a little remiss on the moving responsibilities. Frankly, I don't entertain that much by using the stereo. This particular section of the house has stayed packed because it is the first thing to move. I remember a younger day when the stereo was always on; it was the last thing out of the old house and the first thing into the new. I guess we change as we age.

I am staked out to try to photograph the bobcat. I suppose he is busy because it is a Friday night. Probably down at the laundromat doing the stray cat strut; checking out the bobbygirl-cats that have nothing better to do than their laundry on Friday night. "Hey girly-cat, want to come by and check out my etchings?" "Can't I just see 'em online, big bobcat?" "No -- this is the real thing -- it's not digital." "My name is Pussy Galore." "I must be dreaming. My name is Bobcat -- James Bobcat."

I know he is a male because he has stained a few things around the place with his adult sized mark. Bleach works. I am part of his territory. I am going to go out to mark the area as soon as I am finished with this post. James Bond might have behaved differently.

He's here for one of three reasons: I am an oasis and he's finding water, he's finding food, he wants to eat my cat or bird, or he's injured or ill. I haven't seen the coyotes for a while. I wonder if a 10-20 pound coyote is part of a 35 lb. bobcat's diet. He may be very close on a regular basis. He was nearby last night -- because my cat was a freak, growling and flying backwards up the cat pole. I wonder if I need to be worried about my own safety. "Mesa man passes out on back porch -- gets eaten by bobcat." Pass. No, thanks.

I am most concerned about this. If the bobcat can come in my house -- then he may start to try to show up in the Joneses house down the street. If Mrs. Jones, with a family and guntoting husband and a calling the sheriff and chasing bobcat down with dogs attitude, happens to get upset about finding a bobcat in her house. The stray cat etching sharing stud Mr. big cat bobcat is going to die. Unless Darwin was right. I am rooting for the cat. As I always do.

The CD player is chomping through the random all option -- currently it's the splendid lyrical voice of Marta Sebestyen -- The superb voice from the the soundtrack of the English Patient.

1 comment:

The Old Bag said...

I am going to go out to mark the area as soon as I am finished with this post.

Interesting visual....

:-]