Tuesday, May 2, 2006

Toasty

Date: 2 May 2006
Miles: 19.76
Average Speed: 12.8
Max: 30.8
May Mileage: 29.83
Weather: 97°F. sun 8% humidity.

Oh -- well we didn't break 100° after all. Unless you look at the gizmo on my porch which says the high today was 102° F. One of the things I can never figure out is why the weather sites have made it impossible to find out what today's high was -- today! I either have to wait till it becomes part of yesterday, or look on TV (I usually don't) to find it. My usually happy hiking buddy was telling me his on the bike thermometer declared 99.7. It was toasty.

2 comments:

Chaty said...

With that kinda heat you’re certainly better off bird-watching. That’s too hot. Our high these days has been 68º F. Makes for nice riding (if one were a good rider, that is). Hence, theoretically, it’s good for bird-watching in either place.

Alberto

shawnkielty said...

Alberto -- It turns out that yesterday's low was 70°F. and it should stay over 100 during the day for about 4 months.