Sunday, July 23, 2006

Hyatt SFO

Miles today == 8

Despite a grand plan to travel about 800 miles today by car, train, bus and cab, from San Francisco to Phoenix Arizona via Lost Wages, I am sitting in a bar in the Hyatt Regency SFO (compliments of US Airways) and listening to the Marshall Tucker Band, having just devoured a Club Sandwich.

It's been spectacularly hot here -- and I believe it was 108 yesterday in San Mateo -- which is incredibly hot. I believe the fog has rolled in finally -- because the ground looks damp and the AC started working. It's a heck of a lot nicer in Phoenix.

I suspect this hasn't been my best travel trip. I did read most of the Memoirs of a Geisha while waiting for the plane that never came.

If all goes well I should catch a plane from SFO to Phoenix in the morning and be seriously late for work. I guess we'll just try again tomorrow.

5 comments:

Jaco said...

What a drag... I hope they bought your drinks to. Safe trip home...

The Old Bag said...

USAirways is the worst...also happens to be the line I'm travelling as well.

Anonymous said...

Guess I can’t complain about the heat! We’re pretty much back to our normal 80’s here and today: nice, thick fog. Get home safe.

shawnkielty said...

I made it home! Thanks for the well wishes.

Gilby said...

Gawd, 108?! You are tough!