Tuesday, July 4, 2006

Live Free or Die


These two folks took me in and took me for a hike near Sandwich NH. Alyssa and Mike. Alyssa spotted a birdy bird and pulled a bird book out of thin air (be still my beating heart). It was a black and white warbler. Despite a combination of quick fleeting glimpses and a short viewing period, I think we have a confirmed sighting. My first warbler. We had a great conversation -- I enjoyed it a bunch. My faith in the human spirit was restored today. I want to say thanks to Mike and Alyssa, because I had a great time, and I appreciate your sharing that with me.

We saw this view of those lakes.



They recommended that I eat at the Common Man in Concord. I had the Shore thing. It was good. Steak, crab. bearnaise. a spud, two veggies -- serious hiking reparation. Awesome. I am a pig. I ate it all. Plus a coke.

After that I found this deertickimus bitemyass spp. lymedisease on my neck and killed it. Then I ran off to take a shower.



I looked out the window tonight and saw fireworks. I've heard they take independence seriously here in New Hampshire. For those of you that don't know -- the New Hampshire state motto is -- Live free or die. There's not much else for me to say. Happy Independence Day everyone.

2 comments:

John said...

I prefer the "Live Free" part.

Lovely up there!

shawnkielty said...

Me too!