Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Into the Wind.

I took a spin down to fetch dinner and see if there might be a repeat of yesterday's dust storm. Leaving my house and heading West and North, I headed into a brisk headwind. I had spaghettti and meatballs and headed for home into a brisk headwind. There was a headwind for the entire ride. Except for during the two flat tires I got. That's four in as many days. I haven't had that many flats in as many months. Fortunately, Today, I had tire "irons" and a Zefal HPSomething (Thanks Jeanne). So all was well. Since I only had one spare -- I was pretty glad that I flatted out right in front of Paragon Cycling.

Date: 19 July 2006
Miles Riding: 18.96
Weather: 108°F. 14% Humidity.
Bike: Commutadora
July Bike Mileage: 70.39

Cameras 1 -- Dust storms 0. I carried the camera, I didn't see a thing.

Tomorrow I leave for Frisco (Did I say that? gag, er, sic), I mean San Francisco, for a few days. I was considering taking my bike and wearing tights to my interview just to make sure we get off to a good start. First impressions are very important. I decided instead to rent a car and get cleaned up a bit (you know -- suitcoat, blue jeans and a tie). I will be a bike free gas guzzling city dweller for a day or two.

I can already smell the ocean. Feel the wet sand between my toes, smell the coffee wafting through the open cafes, hear the cable cars, my seafood searching antenna extending ... is that chow fun I see ahead? Fish cheeks and tapas ... and later wasabi and oysters.

What to do Saturday?

5 comments:

Jaco said...

May the tire gods smile on you. Good luck at your interview. I wish I was going to Frisco, I mean San Fran Cisco...

Unknown said...

Have fun at the Bay! Bike rental is available, by the way, and perhaps Fritz over at Cycle-Licious can steer you to a good place to rent one!
http://www.cyclelicio.us/

Anonymous said...

FRISCO?!!! You know, there actually is a Frisco...somewhere in the U.S. I forget where exactly. Texas I think. Too lazy to Google it.

Um, I think Gods is capitalized (okay, I am a wanna be stickler), even if they are only demi.

Jeezus, who is that masked Tom guy?

The Old Bag said...

back to CA? Interview??

Thought you were planning to stay-put!

shawnkielty said...

Well -- opportunity knocks. It's really hot here in the city by the bay.