Sunday, October 8, 2006

2003-2006 Polaroids and Contact Prints


Indian Water Lilies in Coastal California


Autumn Oregon Pond


Chardonnay -- Shan Creek Grapes


Morro Bay Harbor


Bamboo Chair and Red Banana


Yosemite Valley

I just found an interseting quote here: "If I'm going to Hell, I'm going there playing the piano."-Jerry Lee Lewis (born 9/29/35). If I am going to hell, I am going there with a paintbrush camera.

I am thinking of producing a show of poloroids and contact prints in 4x5 for gallery presentation. It seems a interesting way to ease into the showing of photographs, it' s kinda retro, and it's simple to manage. These images are all 4x5 polaroids.

What do y'all think?

4 comments:

Di said...

I think it's an idea that's long overdue!! I say go for it!!

The Donut Guy said...

Go for it FOR SURE!!!!

Of course, I just make donuts for a living, so I'm not a photography expert.....but you do:-)

Anonymous said...

Love the grapes and the chair. There's a lot of color/texture depth in those two. The harbor and the water lilies have interesting perspective depth.

Small(er) images are interesting things. Once upon a time, when I was taking art classes, we did "small format" work where the trick was to create interesting images in six square inches. Another example was a history course which had an 800 word cap on papers. Getting simpler will make you work harder for great shots, but great shots are "great" by definition. ;)

Good luck with the project; I hope we get a chance to see the results.

shawnkielty said...

Thanks!!