Tuesday, October 3, 2006

Train to Work


Bean Street Cafe for the double espresso.


Here's the commuter on the train. The train accomodates 32 bicycles so it's kinda nice. It's a bit like segregation, only it just effects bicyclists.

I sit reading The Journey Home, by Edward Abbey. I don't exactly know where he's going yet because I just started it. "Across the river waited a land that filled me with a strange excitement: ... a vast and silent emptiness smoldering with heat , color and indecipherable significance, ... For the first time I felt I was getting close to the West of my deepest imaginings -- the place where the tangible and the mythical become the same."


I am sure it wasn't here he was talking about.

So here is the bike graffitti, where the tangible and the mythical become the same. This was taken through the window of the train -- in case you're wondering.

3 October/October AM

Swimming: 0 yards/500 yd.
Riding: 3.28/9.82 Miles
Running: 0/0
Walking 0/3.6 Miles
Weather; Sunny 60° F. Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Yokota Fritz said...

That bike graffiti is pretty cool. Don't you wish Caltrain would wash their windows every once in a while?