Monday, October 2, 2006

The Route to Work, or The Road Home

Depending on how you look at it.


To the train station, 1.2 miles. Stop for coffee not included.


1.4 miles ...

Link to the actual Google map, where you can see me in the picture on my bike on Townsend Street. Just kidding. This is not the best route for a bike, but it is pretty close to my actual route. It is much better to get off Division at 11th and head to Harrison. Division is noisy and busy and although it wants to be bike friendly, it's not.

That's 2.6 miles x 2, or 5.2, each day. The hardest part of the ride is the endless stairway at the end, carrying the bike.

2 comments:

Yokota Fritz said...

What stairway? You're not talking about the 4th & King Caltrain station, are you?

shawnkielty said...

No -- I am talking about the 21 some odd stairs to the second floor at my job.