Sunday, March 12, 2006

And She Said, "What's an Anorak?"

It's still cold. After the ride to get coffee today -- I went to the Big Five (it's like a Tri-State only not as good) and said -- I'd like this Anorak in a large. Ugly JanSport fleece thing just warm enough to get me home, olive drab mixed with lime green, so for sale I thought I was at the Goodwill. "What's an Anorak?," 20 year old cash taker girl asks.

Anorak, from http://www.museums.state.ak.us/Sheldon%20Jackson/artifacts/Septartifact.htm
Anorak.

I'll take this sweatshirt instead. Where am I? At the grocery store today they had a rack with the hats and mittens and umbrellas. One day of rain in 144 -- and they roll out the umbrellas. Wow, that should sell about like movie rentals at the grocery store.

I never thought of that, I could Pirate a ride. The former lover of my ex inadvertantly received an email announcing my ride for the cure -- on May 21 in Palo Alto CA, and actually complained, claiming that there probably would be a fundraising requirement for the ride and that I was just trying to meet that. Whatever. "I gave at the office," is very similar to what was said. I'll donate some money to my own ride. I just want to ride the 78 miles of serious California hillclimbing.

I could have just pirated the ride. I am so inspired by the idea. That means I can do what I want and I don't have to follow all the rules. Dang -- that's like being a hacker self-trained computer scientist.

I read this post by Harlot and man -- I learned two things. One can pirate a ride and two, I heard this quote:

The next day was even better when Aaron's picture appeared in the Seattle PI as the one representation of the CH (Chilly Hilly -- my comment) ride. So not only was a Pirate representing the ride, but he's riding a tall bike and not wearing a helmet. Those Kaskaders had their lycra in a wad over that one. Go Aaron...let's all just ride bikes.

Oh my, "(They) had thier lycra in a wad over that one." I wish I could have said that first. I would have liked that. I could have so said that with JOY!.

Like the pink bike girl, I like the steel frames. I want a double butted steel road frame in about a 53 cm (By the way -- I am with those bike advisors that say if you want power you'll need to extend your legs all the way, it's part of a big power triangle. You need to get your legs out.). I love the old steel road bike. I got to find one of those.

I was wearing a pink shirt the other day and my coworkers were interrogating me about it. Maybe I need a pink bike. I like pink. Especially, my oh so pink toes.

No comments: