Monday, March 27, 2006

The Salt River

Date: 27 March 2006
Mileage: 10.12
Mileage for March: 289.06

Ripped this little ride out right after spending about an hour looking for my sunglasses (I had planned a longer ride). I am remembering now what it's like to take a gnat in the eye. So I am glad it wasn't a June bug. Went the short five miles down to the Salt river and then back out via Kong, that hill which is allegedly hard. I inadvertantly reset my trip meter right after reading the mileage -- but I think it all went down in about 35 minutes. Which is over 16 miles an hour. It must be the shorts.

Maybe on Thursday I will take my camera. The Salt river looks something like this, which you can see is remarkable less beautiful than Annie's pictures of the same river from her comment on my post yesterday. What I can't figure out is why Annie always has a huge smile, before, during and after riding a bike. She must like it.

4 comments:

annie said...

Nah, it's just that the rides that we bring cameras on are often smiley rides anyway. Of course I do like it. A lot. ;-) But if you dig up some race photos, I am not smiling in those at all.....

shawnkielty said...

Ok -- I want the grimace of pain -- where are the race pictures?

annie said...

Well... there aren't that many out there, but if you go to skinnyski.com and dig through the archives until you find the state crit on July 31 or around then, there are a number of extra unflattering ones. Also zoom in on my profile pic... no smile there.... and race season starts (gasp!) THIS SATURDAY, so I'm sure there will be more in the future...

shawnkielty said...

I much prefer this over the grimace of pain. You look good -- even when it hurts.