Thursday, March 9, 2006

As if That Wasn't Enough

Now the bike. I just ordered a pizza for dinner. No truck, no bike with lights. I am stuck here till daylight. A more than remarkable event has left me with a job tomorrow. For most of you
I am sure that is quite unremarkable, but for me on this day, it was pretty spectacular.

This afternoon I went for a ride -- on *my* bike -- which blew chunks. serious chunks. It doesn't go forward when you pedal. It stopped at Chris's house. SO I rode his Trek mountain bike for our ride and also then tomorrow to work. I was out of daylight though at the end of the ride. No lights. I conquered the big hill -- the hill of the bike stopping cramping, kong -- with just a few gears, too -- since the MB has no low gears due to a derailer mis-adjustment.

Today one of my coworkers (you probably don't know him) called me a scumbag. He said your boss "asked me for a recommendation, and I said you were a scumbag, but you'd get along with the rest of the scumbags." I guess that's better than being a dirtbag. I am not sure I would have gotten the job without it.

This afternoon's mileage: ~15
Today's Toatal: 22
Mileage for March: 54.2

The Trek MB had shocky shocks and a leather saddle with anatomical cutouts. I got scared and tried to figure out how to get the Brooks saddle on there -- but it wouldn't go easily. That Trek holy saddle was fair -- but still left my well trained a** in a state ... of pain. It was ok but the spot that the cutout was designed to avoid got beat anyway, and my hands got really numb. After a recent conversation with Gilby, I think I will always think of her when I see a saddle, especially if it's "rock hard and unforgiving" -- I mean easy to push against.

Carless, bikeless, but not jobless, which is a good thing.

No comments: