Tuesday, March 7, 2006

A Remarkable Turn of Events

Due to today's unlikely turn of events, I'll be free to join this man in his quest to ride the tour de cure. I'll be riding on behalf of my friend Paul Meyers, an avid cyclist, who died, untimely and in his early twenties, of juvenile diabetes. The ride is a 120k hilly ride and is the best perhaps that my homeland has to offer, both in terms of scenic beauty, and in terms of cycling challenge. There are two other lengths, but I will be riding the longer, just because I'm so into the painful bliss.

A contribution of a classic 70's era road bike to ride would be so cool. I have decided to fix one up, if I can find one. I would just love to have a lime green gitane super corso to ride ...

The man above will be riding for team Palm™, as well as his daughter, I hear, all allegedly competing with team Google™, which is my real motivation. He invited me -- but I know secretly he knew I would come if I could compete with Google™ -- but we will have fun. I want to beat them just to show that they really should have hired me. If you look it's clear now that the Palm team is up in the fundraising. Ha! Here's my page, where you can donate if you'd like. I think you can join the team, too. and ride your 25k 120k on the trainer if you want.


Support Shawn!
Join Shawn's Team!

Let's get it on for the cure.

No comments: