Sunday, March 19, 2006

It is About the Bike

Date: 19 March 2006
Mileage: 19.55
Mileage for March: 170.40
Weather: Cloudy and 55°F.
Average: 12

Today's ride was much nicer. I know, I know, "It's not about the bike", but today's ride was all about the bike. My usually happy riding buddy remarked on several occasions (from behind me) how easy I made it look as I was effortlessly pulling away from him. "Ferrari", was one word he used. The effect of reduced drag, light weightedness, and an all together smoothly smooth ride, was more than clear. I have never been able to wait for him before today. Although the average isn't much higher than previous rides, I definitely enjoyed the ride a lot more. I felt like I could adjust my pace, have conversations, and just generally felt more road worthy, which is much more delightful than to constantly hump just to keep up.

Today's ride was two hours, which was the perfect way to start a Sunday, At the finish it was just trying to rain and about 55 degrees. Chilly and threatening toward the end of the ride.

No comments: