Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Cruising the Blogworld

So my training is going along ... and I am trying to get enough food in my body. During my travels lately, it seems that I am growing a huge preference for the meals that include large plates of rice. Potatoes take too long to eat. The Thai Corner Basil Beef -- The Shiskabob -- down the road a bit at Bellagio's. I am always hungry these days. Maybe I should try this suggestion by mistress julie from the dark side.

It appears (according to Jill) that I have gone over to the dark side; I am now on the dark side of the planet. This is really ok with me. Here in the Valley of the Sun it is better for the days to be shorter. Despite that, the weather is now promising to heat up, since winter is actually over. In fact the desert is starting to bloom. I think I saw the teddybear cholla's with buds in the valley here. Just 2 days after the rain. Today was perfectly like coastal California in the summer. 78 degrees. Sun shining. I am actually looking forward to the searing heat, and the delight of (the equivalent of) a great workout in the sauna. Vigorous hydration -- copius amounts of sweat -- total purification. I think I have definitely gone over to the dark side.

Gilby mentioned having a Deli boyfriend. She has a "The Boyfriend" Boyfriend too. I was thinking that there have been a lot of times that I have had a coffee shop girlfriend. I never knew what to call her. Now I do. I once went to a million szechuan lunches with a woman I worked with. Lunchtime girlfriend. The Barmaid when I was married (we never) -- illegal girlfriend. Late night coffee shop girlfriend turned into my ex wife ten years later. Girlfriend Girlfriend. Who knew? I never did. Now I do. Grocery store clerk girlfriend.

Internet girlfriend. Phone girlfriend, adventure girlfriend. Travel girlfriend. Ex girlfriend.

Coffee shop girlfriend took a break with me the other day. I think that might have been our first date. I hope she's not is reading this. Maybe she'll do that again tomorrow.

I should be cleaning my house.

No comments: