Sunday, April 23, 2006

The Practice Ride



The Palm Crew after the climb up King's Mountain Road; who said that was steep?

Date: 23 April 2006
Miles: 33.50
Average Speed: 11.8
Max: Over 33.8
April Mileage: 282.26
Weather: 50ish and overcast. John -- it's so undesertly.

This was a good climb and a good workout. Aside from a few spots where I had to stand, it was swell. More than a few riders broke off after the first ascent to cut the ride short, there were 8-10 of us riding down Woodside road. but Foster and I and oh who? were late behind the rest. We managed to catch the others in the group on the way down.

Despite stopping to take this:



It was cold on the downhill from King's Mountain road to the junction of 84 and Skyline -- and frankly -- I was underdressed. I was cold. We toured downhill and picked up some degrees.



Foster and I approaching the road closure on Cañada road.



The view of Skyline from Cañada road. We climbed that hill off in the distance.



Than we got to eat and chat with these people. And met Bike Dave. A bicycle ambassador. It was cool. He was with a group on a Multi-day ride for the Greenbelt Alliance.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Must be horrible, having to put up with a day of cycling in what looks like great weather to boo! ::GRIN:: I feel for ya Shawn! Actually, it looks like you had a great day!

shawnkielty said...

It was a nice ride. Did I mention I was cold. My friend added a boom box on his bike later in the ride, so we did this to the sweet dawggy sounds of David Grisman and Jerry Garcia.

It was a great day. I got slightly sunburned despite the fog.

my word veerification for this is fbazpqwkqpykzzxqpy -- does any one else think this might be too long?